You intend to get to know your blog audience personally, but your process goes something like this: You write blog posts, you share the blog post, you count the likes. Repeat?
If this is the simple process that you follow then I’m just going to take a moment today to reflect on the extra steps that it takes to build a following of readers that you can get to know personally! Viewers and followers that read your content, respond to that content and consider it a credible and helpful resource to them.
That’s the keyword here personally, and you can do this by:
- Building an email list and writing a newsletter
- Replying to comments, direct messages, emails, and notifications regularly and personally
- Writing content directly to your Blog Avatar, and then reaching out to those people who are your Ideal Readers personally
- Networking with other common bloggers and groups, even becoming friends, in such a way that aligns you within the communities your readers will most likely engage with your content
Remember that it takes time and effort to build relationships, in real life and your followers! This is one of those things that not all bloggers talk about, but knows that eventually it’s time to get personal with your content!
Tips for how to get to know your audience better every month!
✔ If I could just suggest that you spend every other week of the month dedicated to responding to all of your comments and notifications. Really dedicated to creating relationships, and building your reputation as a credible blogger and a good person.
You can and you should take time to extend some effort to nurture those relationships regularly. No, it’s not just about writing content and then sharing it. It’s about engaging with your readers and finding out:
- What they want to read more about
- What they liked to read the most
- What they learned from you
- Why they shared your content
✔ Another week of each month you should focus instead on reaching out and networking with other bloggers, and researching brands, sponsors, and other opportunities. Sending emails and applications, and writing proposals.
✔ Finally, the last week you can focus on honing in and personalizing your newsletter, traffic magnets, and subscriber relationships and engagement posts on social media. Focusing more on getting to know Your Audience personally by building, by maintaining awesome resources, products, and services for your blog’s audience to use and enjoy consistently.
We use Sendinblue for our Email Newsletters, thus we are a proud affiliate of their service if your interested in starting your Newsletter!
Related Post: Why You Need A Newsletter For Your Blog
If you dedicate your time to these areas, it’s amazing how well you can get to know people, and begin to form relationships with your readers, and other bloggers in your niche! Each month, you will really be able to feel the difference in how you feel about your audience. It can be much more rewarding to know who you are writing to, and what kind of content will help them. Captivating them to come back again and again.
When you get to know your audience personally:
- It holds you responsible for your content value
- It motivates you to create new content ideas and resources for them
- It’s instantly rewarding to be recognized, praised, and supported
- Brands, sponsors, and other companies will see the quality of your personal report with others and want to work with you
- Other bloggers will also see your networking and communication and feel more comfortable reaching out to you for collaboration
If you want to take a minute to hear Our Creative Story, about how the Blog Buddy Program began in September 2018. I think you’ll find it both heartwarming, and a great example of what a different two, (or four), bloggers can make when they communicate effectively, collaborate respectfully and offer support for each other and their ideas. Here’s Our Creative Story!
I took an idea, suggested it to others, asked for help, and here I am a few short months later creating my dream business with a fabulous Creative Team of bloggers who have quickly become friends.
And I even landed myself a business partner! I didn’t know when I reached out to my audience of bloggers on our Blogging Buddies Facebook Group then, that I would be writing this post today, on my dream blog! Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you’re inspired to get to know your audience personally!
This content was originally written for our newsletter subscribers for Series 1, Week 7.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to pin it!